FIU utilizes the CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) program to provide access to an online COI (Conflict of Interest) training course. The online training course covers the following four modules:
- Financial Conflicts of Interest: Overview, Investigator Responsibilities, and COI Rules
- Institutional Responsibilities as They Affect Investigators
- Institution-Specific Policies
- Conflicts of Commitment, Conscience, and Institutional Conflicts of Interest
Below are the steps to register and access the course:
- Go to http://www.citiprogram.org
- As a “new” user, you will need to click “Register Here” to register for the training course
- Select “Florida International University” from the Participating Institutions and click “submit”
- Create a unique username and password and click “submit”
- Enter your personal information (first name, last name, email) and click “submit”
- Continue entering additional information (gender, degree, etc.) and click “submit”
- When asked which course you plan to take, please select: “Conflicts of Interest” and then click “continue”
You should now be able to access the training courses menu.
In addition to the required CITI training COI course, the University offers the following webinar courses on the COI/ROA submission and approval process.
These webinar supporting courses include:
- Webinar description
- Webinar Recording
- Presentation Slides
- Faculty Inside/Outside Decision Tree
- Feedback Survey
- FAQs (coming soon)
Please note that these webinars are complementary to the CITI course and do not replace the required CITI COI course requirements.