A principal investigator who meets the Bridge Funding Guidelines (see Division of Research Website) can submit a letter of request to the Division of Research. The request must contain the following:
- Account number and name of the interrupted grant,
- Amount of bridge funding requested and the allocation (including pertinent information about personnel, equipment maintenance or service contracts, supplies, etc.),
- Justification/rationale for the requested funding,
- A requested start and end dates for bridge support (maximum of one year),
- The budget pages for the final year of the previously funded, but lapsed, grant; a copy of the cover sheet and abstract of the unfunded grant,
- The anticipated schedule of reapplication for external funding,
- A copy of the review from the agency (e.g., NIH, NSF, etc.) that rejected the application for external funding,
- A statement from the principal investigator's Dean committing to support 50% of the requested funds, and
- The signed statement at the end of the application: "I certify that I have applied for extramural funds on [date] and will continue to reapply within the next 12 months."
Willful misrepresentation of the budget for requested bridge funding will result in loss of eligibility for bridge funding.
Proposals that do not strictly adhere to all requirements will be returned without review.
For all application types, pages must be letter size, 8.5x11 inches, Arial 11 point or Times New Roman 12 point, single-spaced with 1-inch margins.
All proposals submitted for consideration must contain the components listed below under each award type, and must be in the specified order. All awardees MUST submit to the Division of Research a final report within 30 days of completion. Failure to submit a final report disqualifies the individual(s) from future FRSP funding for a period of 5 years.