The FIU IRE requires ALL persons participating in research involving Dual Use research of Concern to receive online CITI “Biosafety & Biosecurity Basic Course” training. Below you will find information and instructions on how to access the required training website.
FIU utilizes a customized online tutorial to provide certification for biosafety & biosecurity. Below are the steps to register and access the training course:
- Go to http://www.citiprogram.org
- As a “new” user, you will need to click “Register Here” to register for the training course.
- Select “Florida International University” from the Participating Institutions and click “submit”.
- Complete the required registration fields and contact information and click “submit”.
- When asked which course you plan to take, please select: “Biosafety & Biosecurity Basic Course.” When you have finished completing this page, please click “submit”.
- In the table titled My Courses, the selected course should appear. Begin your course by clicking on the red link Incomplete Re-Enter.
You will have the opportunity to print a Training Certificate upon completion of the training course and exam. A copy of this certificate must be included in your IRE submission. Please keep an original copy for your records. This course will be good for three years.
Questions about CITI Online Training
If you are having technical difficulties in signing up or in navigating the CITI Program website, please visit the CITI Program Support web page.