Florida International University (FIU) is seeking a business partner to develop and commercialize a device for cosmetic skin treatment that will allow users to have younger looking, healthy, smoother and firmer skin. This technology implements a low cost hardware design that uses pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) to treat the skin in order to improve its appearance.
Magnetic stimulation has been shown to induce micro-currents and ion movement in tissue to activate and rebalance damaged cells for skin repair. Low intensity PEMF has been proven to stimulate Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), which significantly affects both collagen production and blood circulation. These two factors significantly help in improving skin complexion and appearance. The device can produce frequencies in a low range to avoid any heating action, making it safe for personal use. The low frequency pulsed electromagnetic fields that this novel technology emits, have the potential to influence the healing process of the delicate skin located on the face
- Cosmetic applications to deliver improved facial and body treatments.
- Tool for stimulating the healing processes of patients.
- Improves appearance by providing for younger looking, smoother, and firmer feeling skin.
- Reduces wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Improves skin tone.
- Provides for a less expensive and safer alternative to cosmetic surgery.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Increases collagen production and increases ATP production
- Activates and rebalances damaged tissue cells.