IBC Training Requirements
The FIU IBC requires ALL persons participating in research involving recombinant DNA to receive training. Below you will find information and instructions on how to access the required training website.
Biosafety & Biosecurity Basic Course Training
FIU utilizes a customized online tutorial to provide certification for animal care and use. Below are the steps to register and access the training course:
1. Go to http://www.citiprogram.org
2. As a “new” user, you will need to click “Register Here” to register for the training course.
3. Select “Florida International University” from the Participating Institutions and click “submit”.
4. Complete the required registration fields and contact information and click “submit”.
5. When asked which course you plan to take, please select: “Biosafety & Biosecurity Basic Course.” When you have finished completing this page, please click “submit”.
6. In the table titled My Courses, the selected course should appear. Begin your course by clicking on the red link Incomplete Re-Enter.
You will have the opportunity to print a Training Certificate upon completion of the training course and exam. A scanned copy of this certificate must be included in your IBC submission. Please keep an original copy for your records. This course will be good for three years.