CITI Online Training
FIU provides access to the CITI Course in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), which is designed to be used by institutions or organizations and it provides a comprehensive basic course in RCR. This course was partially funded by DHHS’s Office of Research Integrity. The Online CITI RCR Training Course covers the following core areas:
- Animal Subjects
- Collaborative Relationships
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Data Acquisition and Management
- Human Subjects
- Peer Review
- Research Misconduct
- Responsible Authorship
Instructions to register for the Online CITI RCR Training Course:
- Go to http://www.citiprogram.org.
- As a “new” user, you will need to click “Register Here” to register.
- Select “Florida International University” from the Participating Institutions and click “submit”.
- Create a unique username and password and click “submit”.
- Enter your personal information (first name, last name, email) and click “submit”.
- Continue entering additional information (gender, degree, etc.) and click “submit”.
- You should now be able to access the training courses menu.
Select one of the following RCR Courses for completion:
- CITI Biomedical Responsible Conduct of Research Course.
- CITI Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research Course.
- CITI Physical Science Responsible Conduct of Research Course.
- CITI Humanities Responsible Conduct of Research Course.
- CITI Engineers Responsible Conduct of Research Course.
- CITI Administrators Responsible of Conduct Research Course.
You will have the opportunity to print a Training Certificate upon completion of the training course and exam. Please save a copy of this report for your records.
Note: If you are not sure which RCR course you should complete, then please refer to the suggested break down below. Keep in mind that some disciplines might not fall neatly within one category.
Biomedical RCR Training
- Health and Medical Sciences
- Microbiology, Immunology
- Molecular, Cellular Biology
- Plant biology
- Veterinary Science
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health
- Forensic Science
Social and Behavioral RCR Training
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Criminal Justice
- International Studies
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Business (all)
- Education (all)
Physical Science RCR Training
- Computer Science
- Earth, Atmosphere or Marine Science
- Geology and Geographical Sciences
- Math and Mathematical Sciences
- Natural Resource Sciences
- Environmental Science
Humanities RCR Course
- African New World Studies
- Art: performance, studio, etc.
- English, Literature
- Foreign Language, Literature
- Liberal Studies
- Asian Studies
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACC)
- Creative Writing