IBC Policies & Procedures
Faculty, staff and students wishing to use recombinant DNA or Synthetic Nucleic Acid must first Obtain IBC Approval from the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). Retrospective approval CANNOT be granted for research already conducted.
- IBC Guidelines: FIU IBC Standard Operating Procedures.
- IBC Non-Compliance SOPs: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the Handling of Allegations of Non-Compliance with Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules, Regulations and Policies.
- Investigator Guidance: Governing Laws and Regulations
- Review Process: IBC review process description
- IBC TOPAZ Online Protocol Submissions: Instructions on submitting an online IBC application
IBC Safety & Monitoring
1. Event Reporting: Information on reporting events and deviations to the IBC
2. Report Research Misconduct: Information to anonymously report research misconduct