IACUC Policies & Procedures
FIU Faculty, staff and students wishing to work with animals must first Obtain IACUC Approval from the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Retrospective approval CANNOT be granted for research already conducted.
- IACUC SOPs: Standard Operating Procedures for the FIU IACUC
- IACUC Non-Compliance SOP: Standard Operating Procedure for the Handling of Allegations of Non-Compliance with Animal Protection Laws, Regulations & Policies
- Investigator Guidance: Regulations, guidelines and useful tools for investigators
- IACUC TOPAZ Online Protocol Submissions: Instructions on submitting an online IACUC application
- Useful Acronyms: Acronyms on IACUC-related subjects
Safety & Monitoring
- OHSP – Risk Assessment: The Occupational Health & Safety Program (OHSP) is required for all FIU employees, students and visitors who work with animals.
- Visitor Awareness Package: Animal Safety Awareness for ACF Visitors.
- Event Reporting: Information on reporting events and deviations to the IACUC
- Report Research Misconduct: Information to anonymously report research misconduct